Regardless of whether a player gambles on sports, roulette, scratch cards, poker, or slots in a traditional casino or online casino, the risk of getting addicted to wagering can hurt your personal relationships, get in the way with your career, and bring about great financial disaster. A player might even do things that he has never thought he would due to his bingo addiction. That is to say, he may end up pilfering amount to stake or shell out on his debts. A person addicted to any form of gambling may think that he can’t stop, nevertheless, with right assistance; he can definitely conquer any issues or addiction regarding gambling and recuperate his control over his life. In any case, the first and foremost step is to identify and admit the problem.
Acknowledging Wagering or Bingo obsession:
Any form of Gambling addiction is also referred to as “compulsive or obsessive” gambling. It is a kind of desire-control chaos. Compulsive gamblers cannot have power over the desire to wager, even though they understand that their wagering is affecting them or their family members. Gambling is the only thing they want to do regardless of the negative consequences. Compulsive gamblers will continue to wager no matter whether they are, cheerful or depressed.
Wagers may have an issue, nevertheless, without being wholly unmanageable. Problem gambling or addictive gambling is any kind of gambling behavior that interrupts your daily existence. If you’re anxious about gambling, want to spend a lot of time and cash on gambling, run after losses, or betting in spite of negative consequences, then, you definitely have a gambling addiction. Recognize it and work on it!!
Signs of Addictive gambling:
At times, the addiction towards wagering is known as the “concealed disease” as there are no palpable physical symptoms or signs similar to the symptoms in alcohol or drug addiction. Problem wagers usually will refuse or diminish the problem. They might also hide their wagering activities. For instance, often, problem wagers will avoid spending time with their loved ones, creep around, and may tell lies about their everyday activities.
How to find out whether you have a gambling addiction?
One may have a wagering problem if he or she:
- Feel the necessity to be enigmatic on his wagering activities. He might wager hush-hush or tell lies about the amount with which he gambles, thinking that he can astonish others with a cosmic win.
- Experience difficulty in controlling his gambling
- Is ready to gamble even when he does not have money. A major red sign is that he can get more and more frantic to get back from his losses. He may even gamble until he has spent his very last dollar, and then progress to even gamble with the money that he saved to pay his house bills, credit cards, or other family expenses. Finally, he can also be ready to sell, borrow, or even pilfer money for the sake of gambling. Over all, it is a brutal cycle.
- Finally, his Family & friends will start to worry about him. Refutation prolongs problem gambling. He should try to listen to your friends and family cautiously. Observing a close look at how gambling affects his life is essential. It is never too delayed to create changes for your betterment.
Different stages of Wagering Addiction:
Dr. Robert L. Custer, explains the different stages of gambling addiction. These stages can also be connected with the Bingo addiction.
- Winning Stage: This stage begins with a person winning successively. This winning stage makes him feel very powerful and offers him an excitement. It also makes him feel that he can persist to win.
- Losing stage: When a person begins to lose many games consecutively, he will start to run out of money and borrows money from others and in worst case can steal money. In this stage, he might also start to play alone sot that nobody knows about his losses.
- Anxiety stage: If a person comes to this anxiety stage, he will be completely become out of control. He will spend more time gambling and will become separated from others. On more traits is to blame others for losing games.
- Depression stage: When a person reaches this “final stage”, he is well thought-out as a pathological wager. This person may not conquer the problem and might not be aware of solving it. A lot of people in this stage will think about suicide and a few will even try to do so.
Bingo and any form of gambling may give the impression of a risk-free game and it is true for some. However, for others who are at risk to betting addiction, it may endow them with a trouble-free way to accomplish their desires. If you or any of your friends whom you know exhibit any symptoms of dependency, then, there is always help available. A number of neighboring substance abuse organizations offer services like residential treatment, group counseling, psychotherapy, and other programs. The gateway in recuperation is asking for help for any kind of addiction.